IDEA Data Analysis Help Desk
Our experts are available to help you save time and effort. If it takes you more than 20 minutes to utilize any IDEA function or feature, contact us for assistance. We're here to help email@example.com
Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tips for Working with Our Help Desk
We are here to help you be more productive, and maximize your use of IDEA's capabilities. When contacting us, we operate on a first-in, first-out basis where calls and e-mails are addressed in the order they are received. Any calls or e-mails received after hours or on company holidays will be handled first thing the following business day. If you call, please leave a voice message - we will return your call. Some other things to keep in mind to help us assist you are:
- Data Files - It is often beneficial for us to see your data files to provide you with assistance. We use a file sharing site where you may upload large data files rather than zipping and e-mailing them. This is a secure site with password-protected folders, which are only available to you for a specified length of time. We prefer using this secure site for data files over 10MB. We can walk you through the upload process.
- TeamViewer - If you are unable to send us your data files, or you have an issue that requires hands-on assistance, we can arrange a TeamViewer to view the data on your system and watch the steps you are taking to better assist you.
We have complied some helpful guides for commonly-used analytics including guidelines for requesting data, Benford's Law, payables test sets and financial tests using SmartAnalyzer.
License Renewal Benefits
When you purchase IDEA or IDEA Server, you receive 12 months of updates and technical assistance, which may be renewed annually. By keeping your license(s) current, you will receive personalized assistance and access to new releases.
- Unlimited Toll-Free Calls & E-mails to Help Desk Support - Live expert help with importing files, creating an equation, joining databases, or whatever your challenge is.
- Software Service Packs & Upgrades - Download the latest versions and service packs.
Current Version: IDEA Version 9.1 - Compatible with Windows 8. MS Excel 2010 files can be imported into IDEA and the Reporter Reader PDF converter has been enhanced to convert more non-standard PDF files.
- Personalized Account Support - Customer-focused service to get you reacquainted with IDEA including demonstrations for new users, and resources to help you use IDEA to its fullest extent.
- Free Webcasts - To help you get acquainted with using IDEA, and keep your skills sharp, we offer free Webcasts featuring the latest version of IDEA. Visit our web site under the “Training” tab for a schedule of events and to register.
- Virtual User Groups - Held quarterly, you can learn best practices from fellow IDEA users, all without having to leave the office!
Exclusive Access to CaseWare IDEA Support Site - You'll find a wealth of global resources:
- Access instructional videos and tutorials
- Download 20+ free custom @functions to perform complex calculations and exception testing
- Download 20+ free IDEAScripts and learn how to develop your own - IDEAScripts automate additional functions, routines, dialogs and processes for IDEA
- Search 100+ topics in the Knowledge Base or participate in the User Forum where you can exchange questions and responses with IDEA users worldwide
- Complimentary access to the AuditNet® Premium website which hosts 2500+ audit work programs. AuditNet® is the pre-eminent online portal for the global audit community hosting a comprehensive catalogue of audit procedures.
Visit the CaseWare IDEA Support Site and if you're a new user, simply click on the "Click here to join" link to complete the registration and support verification process. We'll get you set up with a log-in and password to access this informative site.